This unique position provides the stability and care necessary for the sustainability of a healthy and safe transitional sober living environment during overnight hours. The level of independence of all sober house members is incumbent on a high level of individual motivation and commitment to recovery. This Live-in position oversees the integrity of the sober living environment from a health and safety perspective specifically during overnight hours. This Live-in position will work collaboratively with the Senior Residential Director and any relevant staff members associated with the house.
SALARY RANGE: reduced rent
- Monitor the health and safety of members in the sober house through check-ins and visual oversight.
- Asleep Overnight: Be available during most overnight hours (approximately 11:00pm – 6:00am) as the “on-duty” shift (i.e. remaining in the house during overnight hours).
- Enforce the house rules and guidelines.
- Provide verbal or written prompts to members about household upkeep and personal responsibility; as necessary.
- Manage member conflicts and crisis through verbal negotiation and problem solving.
- Participate in interview and/or screening process of new members (as applicable).
- Notify direct supervisor of significant changes of a member that warrant clinical, medical, or further intervention. Phone 911 first, if a member is experiencing a life-threatening issue.
- Notify direct supervisor immediately of safety/health/legal issues happening in the house (member or property).
- Be a role model and mentor for house members.
- Possess a working knowledge and understanding of the LHI Transitional Sober House Policy and Procedure manual.
- Be a representative of Lowell House Inc. during your residency.
- Provide timely notification to supervisor when unable to provide scheduled coverage.
- Provide crisis intervention until emergency responders arrive; phone 911, overdose intervention (Narcan administration, CPR, etc.)
- Administer random drug screens (quick cups, saliva strips, etc.) as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Be able to pass a clean criminal background check.
- Excellent professional boundaries.
- Mature personality traits and attitude.
- Possess leadership qualities.
- Desire to work with individuals in recovery.
- Strong verbal & written communication skills.
- Current certification in CPR and proof of TB status.
- Trained in Narcan administration.
- It is expected that the candidate is employed or participates in a productive day activity.
- Possess a working cellular phone.
- Directly reports to the Senior Residential Director or designee.
The ability to have scheduling flexibility to meet the basic needs of the sober house community. A successful CORI check is required.
If interested in this position, contact Sharon Barry, Residential Director at 978-459-8656 firstname.lastname@example.org.