The HOPWA (Housing Opportunities for People With AIDS) Coordinator works closely with the Housing Information Services case manager to provide quality services and support to people in the Greater Lowell community who have been diagnosed with HIV/AIDS. This is a grant funded position through the city of Lowell and this position reports directly to the Clinical Director.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the oversight and coordination of all HOPWA services at LHI.
- Provides case management and support to individuals in the Greater Lowell community who have been diagnosed with HIV/AIDS. Shares a case load with the HOPWA Housing information services case manager.
- Assists clients who qualify to apply to our rental assistance program
- Makes referrals to appropriate services as is needed/Has knowledge of local service agencies
- Works closely with collateral contacts and others involved with case
- Documents all interactions with clients
- Completes assessments and treatment plans as needed
- Leads in organizing World AIDS Day in Lowell and assists with other local events
- Facilitates some psycho-education groups and staff trainings on HIV/AIDS, hepatitis, and other STDS
- May do some outreach to clients homes or other locations to best serve this population
- May be asked to join appropriate/relevant committees in the Lowell area
- Responsible for all monthly, quarterly, and annual reports generated to the City of Lowell that capture HOPWA services.
- Acts as HIV/AIDS Coordinator for LHI: responsible for overseeing confidential HIV risk assessment and access to counseling and testing; staff and client HIV/AIDS and hepatitis education; and Department of Public Health requirements for admission, service planning and discharge of HIV positive clients
- Bachelor’s degree in a human service related field
- Extensive knowledge of HIV/AIDS and Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- Knowledge of substance abuse and related disorders
- Bilingual (Spanish) a plus
If interested in this position, please contact Maria Lucci.